Friday, January 17, 2014

God will never give you more than you can handle.

 Thought of the day.

Yesterday, I was asking my friend, “Why do good people suffer and bad people win?”

To which he answered, “God will never give you more than you can handle.”

I pondered upon that thought for a long time and came to a solution. I like to compare and I admit, it’s a terrible disease that can kill you slowly. If you don’t choose to count your blessings but choose to compare and count other people’s blessings, you will not survive.

I’m still pretty bad at it but I’m trying. Back to the point – sometimes, I’m really jealous of friends that have it all good. Everything is settled for them, all they have to do is just say yes or no and choose to follow or not. Or people who don’t have to try hard to get what they want. Basically, I’m just jealous.

Often, I would question God, “Why?” when it comes to hard times. I would always wonder why would God put me in such a difficult position? Why can’t He give me an easy way out? Why can’t He just make my life easier? Why are there so many obstacles in order to find the correct route? Why do others have it better? They don’t even have to try hard in order to succeed.

Then I realized. God will never give you more than you can handle. I know those people. I know how weak they are. I’m not implying that I’m like super strong or whatsoever but I know that I am stronger than them – emotionally.

So thank you God, for all those difficult paths, for all those failed works, for all those wrong people in my life, for all those times I was lost, for all the nights I felt like I was going to give up but I didn’t…

I truly feel stronger than the person I was 2 years ago.


I hope I do not disappoint my parents. I trust in You that everything I choose to do now leads to a better future not only for myself, but for the loved ones around me.

1 comment:

  1. That was inspiring even though it was posted quite a time haha. Thanks for sharing it by the way.Keep on going and you will do good Lilian :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Much appreciated. Alternatively, you can inbox me at my FACEBOOK if you have some private questions you want to ask. :)

♥ Lilian