Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A mini update

Hello!!

It's been ages since I last blogged here! There has been so much stuff happening for the past few months! The last time I blogged is like...December 2012?!? And it's already August, year 2013 now. End of August soon to be exact.

Okayyy - so I'm gonna write down a list of stuff that have been pretty amazing in my life - for now!

1) I'M A GRADUATE, BABY!

Technically, I haven't attend a convocation or anything or even receive my graduate letter or something like that but heck, no more assignments and I'm done with my last semester! For your information, I'm taking Diploma in Multimedia design and yey! I completed the course!

I won't lie. Those who think design is easy - bullshit to you people because it's not as simple as you think it is. There's so much more to design than what other people think it's supposed to be. There has been numerous times that I wanted to give up on multimedia and take graphic instead but thank you God! because I managed to push through all the grueling 3d and programming and aced everything!

Speaking of acing everything, I hate to sound like a bragger but I want to brag so yeah (hehe!)

Say whaaaaaat?

I seriously can't believe I got the 'Best Student' award.

All those late nights working through...sacrificing my sleep and social life - whatever life - all those swearing for 3D - have I mentioned how TOUGH 3D is? Fuck man! It's crazy! It's the hardest thing I have ever done. After taking 3d for the previous semesters, I officially have a whole new level of respect and understanding for those 3d animators.

People, please - whenever you watch 3D and you think the story sucks like hell - please don't forget to end it with a thank you to those people who create those amazing 3D for you to watch. Focus on the visual effects as well. Not everyone can do a good story but everyone can do a good 3D as long as it's 3D.

That quote doesn't make sense but it does - when you take 3D. True story.

Anyways, back to the story - SO YA. I wanna tell everyone. This letter or even 'best student' calling won't get me any amazing recognition or even make me a successful designer because it may be just a letter for some of you. But, for me, it's a recognition for the amount of effort I put in ALL my work.

This is just the beginning so let's think positive. :)

You know all those pictures of Bill Gates that have been shared throughout Facebook about Bill Gates not being the top student in class or even failing in college and he suddenly became a great entrepreneur or something along those lines? I dislike it when people share it. It's giving them a chance to fail school and thinking that they may end up like Bill Gates.

The truth is, it's not going to happen unless you are lucky. I am not a lucky person by chance. I will not score A without working my ass off. So, I decided to not rely on luck but instead, work my ass off and let luck be like 5 percent or even 1 percent of my life.

I'm not going to let my unluckiness determine my success in life. I let my hard work be the success in my life. That's how I live. I'm sure others have other ways of living. Yeaaaaah.

2) I'M HAPPY

There really has been soooooooooooo much happening that I can't sum it all up at once in this blogpost but I'm happy because I have been making amazing friends, having fun with my best friend(and missing the other who's in Australia), knowing who the real ones are, learning a lot of new stuff(I love making food art!) and of course, just doing stuff that makes me happy!

So - the summary of this blogpost is. I'm a graduate and I'm happy. :)

Am I gonna further my studies? The answer is Yes. I realized I don't want to work that fast (working life sucks btw - judging from my internship - yuk hahaha) so I wanna enjoy student life to the max.

And omg, I'm twenty already. Bimbo moment. And I really, really do feel very mature. No longer a teen! Ulp.

Till the next update! Bye!

Oh! And do check out my final and major project!!! :D


Popi and Cloudie from Lilian Hii on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! Much appreciated. Alternatively, you can inbox me at my FACEBOOK if you have some private questions you want to ask. :)

♥ Lilian