Monday, December 13, 2010

My D-I-Y project no.1: Slashed tee

OMG! I got clawed by a tiger! JK, I slashed my tee B)

I know it's such a bad "Just Kidding" but hey, it really does look like it got clawed by a tiger/monster/any animal or human with sharp claws)

I did this DIY project a few weeks back but only had the mood to blog it today. Yep, with the right blogging mood, the creative juices will come flowing in and only then, I can blog with satisfaction. :>

INSPIRATION:


Hers is a little different from what I wanted to do because initially, I had the thought of making a slashed tee out of a plain t-shirt but I don't know how to do it...

Picture tutorials weren't that helpful so I youtube-d "How to slash tees" and hers was the easiest so far! So I incorporate her cutting skills into the tee I'm experimenting with :D

Other cool slashed tees:

Theirs are better than mine, indefinitely.


Such smooth and precise cutting!!

Did I mention that I never like cutting stuff even when I was a kid? I would always choose to do the drawing or colouring but never the CUTTING.

But I guess, in terms of fashion, cutting is acceptable.

Here's my try at a DIY slashed tee :D

D-I-Y ideas are so damn fun!! And they cost next to nothing! I just added a DIY label to my blog heheh just in case I come up with more DIY ideas!

This is the main reason why I wanna slashed my tee.

Just look at this tee! It's so plain and boring and....pure. I am not an accessory person so I usually don't pair my outfits with accessories even though I know they make a big difference...

So since I'm bad at pairing accessories with clothes, hey, might as well make the clothes be the DIFFERENCE!

This tee is ready for a makeover *put on shades*

I first cut a few lines ; one long one short...*I saw a few designs on the net just now and I think it would have been better if I started from short to long :(*

And then, I TEAR IT!!! *evil cackle*

Just kidding. I stretch, stretch, stretch.

Initially, I stopped cutting halfway thinking it would be a little too exposing but heck, it looks bad. So I continued!

And the end process looks like this:

Ta-da!!

The slashed lines are pretty messy but it's still wearable :D

This is how it looks like from the back when I wear it!

Hmm, I haven't tried wearing it from the front but I don't think it would be comfortable if I did try that because my tee isn't 2-in-1 and the neckline would be choking me the whole time...

So I guess I will just wear it this way :D

*shy laughter*

I was bored, alright??

*Just ignore the uneven skin tone but I guess right after I mention it, you noticed it*

What's next for Slashyville??

Slashed leggings?? WHY NOT!!

BBBBUUUUUT, I have no leggings at the moment and my mum would definitely kill me if I did lay my hands on her leggings and slashed tights??

My beautiful black solid tights?

Nuh-uh. NEVER.

16 comments:

  1. That is so hot, two inniters did this before too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicee :D
    wear a lace top inside and it'll look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice weh..u dint teach hw to cut..=(

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one! love it loads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! u did it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! really nice one!
    last time got a master frm us or france oso like to cut ppl's t-shirt de loh!
    hahahaa..
    nice to meet you.
    u 17? really? wow....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow nice. I never would have the guts to cut any of my shirts! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice One... I would cut but I won't wear it out!! hahahahahahahaha.. XD

    http://bendan.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say it looks funny..haha..I mean, funny blog post. Would try slash my shirt too when Im about to throw them, and see how it looks on a guy..haha



    Join Exabytes Angel Program now and get RM50 bonus upon sign up.
    http://exabytes.com.my/partners/angel/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow awesome :) heh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice
    and is shin yi here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job u did! I wanna try doing it someday :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow mice nice waaa i wanaa tyry myself also ady XD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Much appreciated. Alternatively, you can inbox me at my FACEBOOK if you have some private questions you want to ask. :)

♥ Lilian